1. Chop the almonds in a food processor to small pieces.
2. Warm the corn syrup and Grand Marnier together to approximately 95°F.
3. Whisk the chocolate into the corn syrup mixture.
4. Add in almonds to form a soft dough.
5. Form into balls and roll in sugar.
6. Allow to dry and harden.
7. Begin fondant icing, first placing sugar in saucepan.
8. Combine water and light corn syrup in separate bowl.
9. Add to sugar and stir until well-mixed.
10. Cook over low heat, bringing to but not exceeding 100°F.
11. While heating, prepare hardened centers on cooling rack positioned over cookie sheet or pan to catch excess icing.
12. Remove icing from heat. Stir in almond extract.
13. Pour icing on center using pan or measure cup. Cover completely.
14. Let set approximately 10 minutes.