Cherry Almond Chocolate Nougat
80g Peter’s® SuperfineTM Milk Chocolate
40g Peter’s® Broken OrinocoTM Chocolate Liquor
60g Gerkens® 22/24 GarnetTM Cocoa Powder
60g Confectioners’ Sugar
500g 42DE Corn Syrup
80g Fresh Egg Whites
200g Slivered Almonds, Toasted and Salted
170g Dried Tart Cherries, Coarsely Chopped
Peter’s® SuperfineTM Milk Chocolate
- Melt Peter’s® SuperfineTM milk chocolate and Peter’s® Broken OrinocoTM chocolate liquor together. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sift Gerkens® 22/24 GarnetTM cocoa powder and confectioners’ sugar together and set aside.
- Combine water, 42DE corn syrup and sugar in a pot and bring to boil.
- Cook to 245° F and remove from heat.
- While sugar mixture is cooking, combine egg whites and honey in stand mixer with whip attachment and whip on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Stream hot sugar into whipping egg whites.
- Continue whipping for approximately 5-7 minutes. Mixture will be thick and fluffy and begin to cool.
- Remove whip attachment and fold in warm chocolate mixture.
- Mix in sifted cocoa powder mixture until blended.
- Add almonds and cherries by hand until combined.
- Quickly spread nougat onto 12” x 12” frame lined with nonstick parchment paper.
- Lay another piece of parchment paper on top and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Apply pre-bottom coat with Peter’s® SuperfineTM milk chocolate and allow to solidify.
- Cut into pieces and enrobe in Peter’s® SuperfineTM milk chocolate.
Yield: 128 Pieces