Elegant Caramel Cherries
200 each Large Maraschino Cherries, with Stems
35 oz (992 g) Peter’s® Caramel Loaf
29 oz (822 g) Peter’s® Liquid Caramel
Peter’s® OrkneyTM Milk Chocolate or Peter’s® GibraltarTM Bittersweet Chocolate
- Drain cherries and spread to dry on paper or cloth towels.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Melt Peter’s® caramel loaf and blend in Peter’s® liquid caramel.
- Heat caramel to approximately 140° F for dipping.
- Prepare two parchment lined trays using non-stick parchment.
- Work with only 25-50 of the frozen cherries at a time, leaving the remaining cherries in the freezer. Dip frozen cherries into hot caramel and wipe off excess caramel from bottom.
- Place on tray and place in cooler for five minutes to set.
- Apply Peter’s® Orkney milk chocolate or Peter’s® Gibraltar™ bittersweet chocolate bottom by dipping only the flat bottom portion in tempered chocolate.
- If the caramel-dipped cherries stick to the parchment, remove using a flat scraper.
- When bottoms are set, fully dip entire cherry in Peter’s® Orkney milk chocolate or Peter’s® Gibraltar™ bittersweet chocolate, making sure chocolate coats the entire cherry and some of the stem to avoid leaking caramel.
Yield: 200 Cherries