Elegant Caramel Cherries
200 each Large Maraschino Cherries, with Stems
35 oz (992g) Peter’s® Caramel Loaf
29 oz (822g) Peter’s® Liquid Caramel
Peter’s® OrkneyTM Milk Chocolate or Peter’s® GibraltarTM Bittersweet Chocolate
- Drain cherries and spread to dry on paper or cloth towels.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Melt Peter’s caramel loaf and blend in Peter’s liquid caramel.
- Heat caramel to approximately 140°F for dipping.
- Prepare two parchment lined trays using non-stick parchment.
- Work with only 25-50 of the frozen cherries at a time, leaving the remaining cherries in the freezer. Dip frozen cherries into hot caramel and wipe off excess caramel from bottom.
- Place on tray and place in cooler for five minutes to set.
- Apply Peter’s Orkney milk chocolate or Peter’s Gibraltar bittersweet chocolate bottom by dipping only the flat bottom portion in tempered chocolate.
- If the caramel-dipped cherries stick to the parchment, remove using a flat scraper.
- When bottoms are set, fully dip entire cherry in Peter’s Orkney milk chocolate or Peter’s Gibraltar bittersweet chocolate, making sure chocolate coats the entire cherry and some of the stem to avoid leaking caramel.
Yield: 200 Cherries