Madeira Wine Truffles
750 ml Madeira Red Wine
1260 g Peter’s® Burgundy® Semisweet Chocolate
5 g Invertase
Gerkens® AristocratTM Cocoa Powder
- Bring the wine to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Boil until the wine is reduced to 375 grams by weight. This should take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chunks in a large bowl and pour in the hot, reduced wine.
- Wait 1 to 2 minutes to allow the heat to melt the chocolate.
- With a heavy wire whisk, blend the mixture until fully emulsified. If some chocolate chunks remain unmelted, heat gently until fully melted.
- Blend in invertase.
- Pipe into silicone molds and freeze overnight.
- Demold into a pan of sifted cocoa powder to coat the truffles.
Yield: 100 Truffles