Bourbon Old Fashioned Truffles
425g Dried Red Tart Cherries
1000g Peter’s® Caramel Loaf
2g Orange Oil
Peter’s® CambraTM Bittersweet Chocolate
Dried cherries and Glacéed Orange for Decorating
- Prep shell mold with Peter’s Cambra milk chocolate and set aside in cool area to harden.
- Soak the dried cherries together with the bourbon in a sealed container for at least 24 hours.
- Drain off the extra bourbon and weigh out 200 grams.
- Heat caramel until fully melted (approximately 180-190°F) and gently blend in the 200 grams of drained cherry liquid and orange oil.
- Allow the soft bourbon caramel to cool below 90°F then deposit a small amount into each shell mold.
- Depending on their size, place 1 to 3 cherries into each shell, pressing them into caramel deposit and leaving 2 to 4 millimeters room for additional caramel on top.
- Top off shells with more bourbon caramel leaving 1 to 2 millimeters for bottoming.
- Allow caramel to dry and crust, then bottom shells with chocolate.
- Demold and decorate with additional dried cherries and glacéed orange pieces.
Yield: 200 Truffles