Hibiscus & Honey Nougats
½ oz Powdered Egg Whites
4 oz Honey
1 oz Water
18 oz Sugar
6 oz Water
9 oz Honey
3 oz Fondant Sugar
4 oz Candied Hibiscus Flowers, finely chopped
Peter’s® GibraltarTM Bittersweet Chocolate for enrobing
Additional Chopped Hibiscus for decorating
- Whisk together the ½ oz powdered egg whites, 4 oz honey & 1 oz water in a 5 quart planetary mixer bowl. Insert the whisk attachment and blend approximately 4 minutes until light peaks form. Stop the mixer.
- Combine 18 oz sugar, 6 oz water & 9 oz honey in a separate saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook to 255⁰F and remove from heat.
- Start the mixer on medium speed and slowly and steadily drizzle the hot sugar mixture into the egg white mixture. Do not add too fast or you may collapse the whipped egg whites.
- After the sugar is all added, beat on high speed an additional 2-4 minutes, until batch begins to thicken and cool. Blend in the fondant sugar and chopped hibiscus.
- Pour out nougat onto form lined with greased parchment, approximately 12 inch x 12 inch x ½ inch thick. Allow to cool overnight.
- Prebottom the slab with tempered chocolate, then cut into 1 inch squares and enrobe in Peter’s Gibraltar Bittersweet Chocolate.
- If desired, decorate with chopped hibiscus before the chocolate solidifies.
Our Hibiscus & Honey Nougats were originally created as part of our 2019 Peter’s Chocolate Calendar. To learn more about the calendar and see other innovative creations from 2019, visit our blog here.
Yield: 144 Pieces