1. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and one large bowl with butter.
2. Begin by making a meringue, mixing the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Place 1 cup sugar, ½ cup glucose or corn syrup, and water into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the food thermometer reads 230°F. Do not stir.
5. Slowly pour the hot mixture over the egg whites. Mix for 10 minutes, until stiff and tepid. Transfer the mixture to the bowl greased with butter.
6. Next, make the syrup by placing remaining sugar and remaining glucose or corn syrup into a large saucepan and cooking over medium heat. The sugar should dissolve, and the mixture should start boiling.
7. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until temperature reaches 275˚F.
8. Pour the syrup over the meringue, but avoid scraping the pan it was cooked in. Blend using a wooden spoon.
9. In a small bowl, combine melted butter or ghee and rose water. Add to the syrup and meringue mixture gradually.
10. Stir in pistachios.
11. Transfer the Gaz mixture into the greased baking pan. Let it cool for a few hours, and then cut it into small pieces, approx. 1×1 ½-inch rectangles.
12. Enrobe in tempered semisweet chocolate.
Gaz was originally featured as part of our 2022 Peter’s Chocolate Calendar. To learn more about the calendar and see other inspired creations from 2022, visit our blog here.