Chocolate Drizzled Brown Butter Pralines
6 oz Butter
15 oz Brown Sugar
14 oz Granulated Sugar
11 oz Light Corn Syrup
16 oz Chopped Pecans
8 oz Water
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
6 oz Peter’s® Broken OrinocoTM Chocolate Liquor
- Line a large tray with nonstick parchment paper.
- Brown the butter over medium heat until it is light amber in color and brown solids have separated to the bottom; remove from heat so it does not burn. Set aside.
- In a pan or kettle combine sugars, corn syrup, water and pecans. Cook over medium heat to 242⁰F, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in browned butter and vanilla. Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Vigorously stir the mixture until it loses its gloss and begins to thicken; approximately 5-10 minutes. The sugar will begin to crystallize during stirring and cooling. Once this occurs and the mixture takes on a dull appearance and starts to thicken, immediately portion onto the parchment lined tray with a #40 scoop. Work quickly before the mixture completely crystallizes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before packaging.
- Drizzle melted Peter’s Broken Orinoco Chocolate Liquor diagonally over the top.
Our Chocolate Drizzled Brown Butter Pralines were originally created as part of our 2019 Peter’s Chocolate Calendar. To learn more about the calendar and see other innovative creations from 2019, visit our blog here.
Yield: 48 Pralines