575 g Sugar
175 g Honey
120 g Water
3 g and a Pinch Cream of Tartar
150 g Corn Starch
130 g Powdered Sugar
600 g Water
12 g Rosewater
150 g Shelled Pistachios
Red Food Coloring
Peter’s® NewportTM Semisweet Chocolate
- Combine the sugar, honey, water and a pinch of cream of tartar in a medium saucepan and mix well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 260° F.
- In a separate saucepan, combine corn starch, powdered sugar, water and 3 grams of cream of tartar.
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly with whisk for approximately 2 to 3 minutes until thick.
- When sugar mixture has reached 260° F, remove from heat and pour into corn starch mixture.
- Stir thoroughly and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook approximately 30 minutes. Make sure to scrape bottom of pan every few minutes to prevent lumps.
- Remove from heat and add rosewater, pistachios and food coloring.
- Pour mixture onto well-oiled slab.
- Allow to cool until set.
- When cool, cut into 1 inch squares.
- Coat in Peter’s® NewportTM semisweet chocolate.
Yield: Approx 144 Pieces