1. Preheat to 300°F.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Using an electric hand mixer, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
4. Add brown sugar. Mix until the mass is completely stiff.
5. Add the chocolate and licorice to the egg white mixture. Carefully turn the pieces in the to incorporate. Full stirring can damage the final layout.
6. Spoon mixture onto baking sheet, each approximately the size of a teaspoon.
7. Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
Licorice Tops were originally featured as part of our 2022 Peter’s Chocolate Calendar. To learn more about the calendar and see other inspired creations from 2022, visit our blog here.