1 packet Fast-Acting Instant Yeast
105 g Warm Water
227 g Butter
105 g Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
155 g Dark Corn Syrup
20 g Vanilla Extract
4 g Salt
2 g Cinnamon
4 cups All-Purpose Flour
600 g Peter’s® Caramel Loaf
80 g Powdered or Extra Fine Sugar
3 g Cinnamon
Peter’s® SuperfineTM Milk Chocolate
- Blend yeast with warm water and set aside to activate.
- Cream butter with brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in corn syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly blend in flour until fully incorporated and mixture turns into soft dough.
- Cover dough with damp cloth and place in a warm environment (90-100° F) for 1 to 2 hours to rise.
- Melt caramel and blend in powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Keep the caramel warm so it is spreadable.
- Cook dough in 1 tablespoon portions in a stroopwafel iron until golden brown (approximately 2 minutes) and immediately slice the wafel into 2 thin slices.
- Spread melted caramel on one half and top with the second half.
- When cooled, dip stroopwafels halfway in Peter’s® SuperfineTM milk chocolate.
Yield: 64 Stroopwafels