Maple & Smoked Bacon Caramels
370g Heavy Cream
227g Salted Dairy Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
320g 42DE Corn Syrup
320g Maple Syrup
370g Evaporated Milk
2 tsp Smoked Bacon Fine Sea Salt
15g Maple Flavoring
Peter’s® Viking® Semisweet Chocolate
- Place first five ingredients into kettle or pot and bring to boil, stirring intermittently. Be sure to scrape bottom of pot.
- Maintain steady boil and cook until temperature reaches between 235°-240°F.
- Continue cooking and slowly drip feed in evaporated milk while maintaining boil. Temperature should remain in range of 235°-240°F.
- Cook to final temperature of 238°F and immediately remove from heat.
- Blend in salt and maple flavoring.
- Pour caramel into frame carefully.
- Allow to cool overnight.
- Cut into 1” squares and enrobe in Peter’s Viking semisweet chocolate.
- Decorate with additional smoked bacon fine sea salt, if desired, before the chocolate solidifies.
Yield: 144 Pieces