Chocolate Zucchini Bride & Groom Cake Pops
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
½ cup Gerkens® 22/24 GarnetTM Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Baking Powder
1 ¼ tsp Salt
1 ¾ cups Sugar
1 ¼ cups Vegetable Oil
3 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
3 large Eggs
2 cups Peeled Grated Zucchini
1 cup Peter’s® Finely Ground Burgundy® Semisweet Chocolate
96 Lollipop Sticks
Peter’s® White Icecap®
Peter’s® Eastchester® Icecap®
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using vegetable peeler, remove peel from zucchini.
- Use either grater or food processor to shred zucchini. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, Gerkens® 22/24 GarnetTM cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In stand mixer bowl beat oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs, mixing well between each addition.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, Peter’s® Finely Ground BurgundyTM semisweet chocolate and a third of flour mixture, making sure zucchini strands are well coated and not clumping.
- Add remaining flour mixture into egg batter. Mix until just combined. Batter will be thick.
- Fold zucchini mixture into batter and blend with spatula without over mixing.
- Pour batter into piping bag.
- Spray wells of cake pop pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pipe batter into sprayed wells until batter is just to rim.
- Bake 15-17 minutes.
- Melt Peter’s® White Icecap® caps in microwavable bowl to 98° F.
- Dip ½” of lollipop stick into melted Peter’s® White Icecap® caps before inserting into cake pops.
- Press coated stick halfway into cake pops.
- Dip cake pops into Peter’s® White Icecap® caps until covered.
- Tap off excess coating and invert wet cake pops by placing into Styrofoam block to set. If desired, dip twice.
- After the coating has set, invert onto piece of wax paper.
- For bride pops, pipe Peter’s® White Icecap® caps in X pattern to create bridal gown design.
- Embellish with nonpareil spheres or flat confetti sprinkles.
- For groom pops, dip cake pop into Peter’s® Eastchester® Icecap® caps at diagonal direction until pop is half covered.
- Remove and repeat with other side to create V of the groom’s jacket.
- Invert once again to set.
- Use tooth pick or piping bag to position dots for buttons and pipe bow tie.
Yield: 96 Cake Pops