1. Heat saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Turn the heat to simmer and wait until the butter melts completely.
2. Add the condensed milk, milk powder, and preferred chocolate.
3. Continue to keep the flame low. Gently mix the ingredients together until incorporated.
4. Continue stirring until the mixture starts to smooth.
5. Add the vanilla and salt. Keep mixing. The mixture will start to thicken. Don’t stop mixing at any stage, otherwise the bottom will burn!
6. In about 3-4 mins, the mixture will be thicker and a bit harder to mix. Continue stirring.
7. After 5-6 more minutes of patient stirring, the mixture will be gloopy, thick and leave the sides of the pan, circling around your spatula. From this stage, continue to cook for another 3-5 mins. If you remove it too early, the Chocolate Peda will be fudgy and too sticky.
8. Once the mixture is super thick and comes around your spatula refusing to let you budge it anymore, transfer the paste to a greased plate or tray.
9. Create small balls (approx. 1 tbsp) of the paste with spoons or greased hands (the mixture will be very hot!). Pat it down with the back of your silicon spatula or greased fingertips to flatten into disc-like shape.
10. Top with desired garnish.
11. Let it cool completely and refrigerate for an hour.