Checkered Flag Mint Meltaways
1½ lbs Peter’s® Original™ White Chocolate, tempered
1½ lbs Peter’s® Lenoir™ Semisweet Chocolate, tempered
1 lb Coconut Oil, melted and cooled below 90⁰F
Peppermint oil or extract, to taste
Additional dark chocolate for dipping
- Line a 13” x 18” sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Blend 1½ pounds tempered white chocolate with ½ pound of coconut oil and add peppermint oil to taste.
- Pour out evenly in pan to ¼ inch depth.
- When white layer is just solidified but still soft, blend 1½ pounds tempered semisweet chocolate with ½ pound of coconut oil and add peppermint oil to taste.
- Pour out evenly in pan on top of white layer to ¼ inch depth. Height of both layers together is ½ inch.
- When dark layer is solidified but still soft enough to cleanly cut, cut slab into 2 equal pieces with a sharp cutter or knife.
- Peel away parchment and stack one half on top of the other, alternating white layer with black layer. Height of this 4-layer stack is now 1 inch high.
- Cut slab into 3/8 inch wide strips. Lay them in their sides and stack 4 of them alternatively to create the checkerboard pattern.
- Cut crosswise into ½ inch thick pieces.
- Shoulder coat (coat bottom and sides but not top) in tempered semisweet chocolate.
Yield: 120 Meltaways