23 locations. Four ice cream parlors. Three generations. Six siblings. For Malley’s, it all adds up to a remarkable success story. The company was founded in 1935 by grandfather Mike whose original recipes are still at the heart of the business. In the second generation, Adele, along with her late husband Bill, brought a creative flair to the company’s merchandising, designing the brand’s characteristic pink and green color scheme and adding such unexpected features as an in-store carousel. The third generation has focused on growing the Malley’s brand and strengthening its ties to the communities it serves while remaining intently focused on product quality, consistency and customer satisfaction
“The traditional crumb method of production Peter’s uses, which gives the chocolate its unique milk and caramel flavor allows Malley’s to create a higher quality and decadent finish to our line of confections.”
A special point of pride for Malley’s is the success of its fundraising arm. For more than 50 years, the business has been closely associated with some of Ohio’s most beloved institutions, including local schools, community groups, and charities, providing custom-designed fundraising programs to aide a number of diverse causes.
“Learn the craft and science behind fine chocolates and confections. Confectionery involves a few basic ingredients, but it is how those ingredients are handled that makes your confections unique.”
Recipe Inspired by the Buckeye State, Home of Malley’s Chocolates
8 oz Heavy Cream
6 oz Peter’s® OriginalTM White Chocolate
9 oz Creamy Peanut Butter
15 oz Peter’s® Peanut Butter Flavored
36 oz Peter’s® MarbellaTM Bittersweet Chocolate or Peter’s® Broc® Milk Chocolate, for shell cups
Sea Salt (Optional)
1. Prepare molds using bittersweet or milk chocolate (your choice).
2. Scald the heavy cream. Bring almost to a boil and pour over white chocolate wafers.
3. Whisk cream and white chocolate together until homogenized.
4. Add peanut butter and blend.
5. Melt peanut coating to 95-100 F and whisk into mixture.
6. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
7. Using a planetary mixer and paddle attachment, whip 1-2 minutes to lighten color.
8. Demold cups and, using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe into premade chocolate cups.
9. If desired, top with sea salt.