Big things in small batches. Graeter’s is, as far as we know, the last remaining commercial ice cream manufacturer in the world to use French Pot freezers. Its two-gallon batches are the smallest, and most artisan, in the industry.
“Create that next great signature Graeter’s ice cream flavor.”
“We take Peter’s Chocolate, melt it, pour it into French pots along with our ice cream, and then, using a paddle, chop it into our notoriously delicious chip-chunks.”
“We have used Peter’s chocolates for many years. They are uniformly high in quality and have a great taste, a taste that has become part of the signature Graeter’s taste and experience.”
Recipe inspired by Graeter’s Ice Cream Company
2 Pints of your favorite Ice Cream (We love Graeter’s Black Raspberry!)
6 Wooden Popsicle Sticks
9 oz Peter’s® GibraltarTM Semisweet Chocolate
3 oz Refined Coconut Oil
Flavoring to Taste, Optional (We recommend Lorann Oils)
1. Remove ice cream pints from the freezer and discard the lid.
2. With the container on its side, slice crosswise into three equal rounds with a serrated knife.
3. Remove the cardboard from each round and insert a wooden popsicle stick through the side.
4. Place the pops onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and refreeze until solid.
5. Meanwhile, melt chocolate thoroughly (95-100° F).
6. Add coconut oil and stir until completely melted.
7. Add flavoring as desired. Mix until fully integrated.
8. Remove pops from freezer and dip into melted chocolate mixture, covering as desired.
9. Decorate with toppings of your choice.
10. Let harden for 30-60 seconds and eat.