Now a two-family business in its fifth generation, Dinstuhl’s has been a Memphis landmark since 1902, every bit as iconic a part of the city’s culture and reputation as Graceland, Beale Street and Sun Studios.
“Dinstuhl’s has been using Peter’s Chocolate since our earliest days in business. We have tasted chocolate from around the world, and in our opinion, Peter’s is, by far, the best.”
As the signature chocolate makers of our home city, the Dinstuhl and Moss families have been called upon to make custom products for dozens of signature institutions and events, including Super Bowl XL, the Kentucky Derby, the NBA Finals and the Breeder’s Cup as well as for Graceland and the King himself.
“Learn the basics and be patient. Prepare to be in it for the long haul. Fads will come and go, so stick with what works, but don’t be afraid to be creative and adventurous.”
Recipe provided by Dinstuhl’s Fine Candy Company, Inc.
2 1/4 lbs Peter’s® Maridel Milk Chocolate
2 1/4 lbs Peter’s® NewportTM Semisweet Chocolate
1 qt Heavy Whipping Cream
1. Chop both milk & dark chocolate into fine pieces.
2. Heat the whipping cream to just before boiling and pour over chocolate. Let rest for 1 minute.
3. Blend all ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Cover tightly and chill until firm.
4. Scoop 1 oz of ganache and hand roll into ball.
5. Enrobe in your choice of chocolate and add chocolate sprinkles to garnish.